I had a great time speaking today at the AIGA Pivot design conference about how we approach data visualization and information graphics at The Times.
I’ve posted the slides from my presentation as a PDF. Links to the interactives I mentioned are below.
- The Unemployment Rate for People Like You
- Obama’s Budget Proposal
- Hazards of Storing Spent Fuel
- Tracking the Oil Spill in the Gulf
- One 9/11 Tally: $3.3 Trillion
- Steve Jobs’s Patents
- A Peek Into Netflix Queues
- How Mariano Rivera Dominates Hitters
- House Election Results Map
- House Election Big Board
- House Races: What to Watch, Hour by Hour
- Layers of Ownership
- What’s In Your Water?
- An Olympic Musical
- Budget Puzzle: You Fix the Budget